Environment and CSR
Good companies do good business
At Jetpak, our customers and employees expect us to be actively engaged in social and environmental issues in the areas where we operate and can make a difference. For us here at Jetpak, this goes without saying.
Customers strive to do business with companies that share their own views and values. Being held accountable helps us to be more cost efficient as we use resources more effectively, working actively to reduce our fuel consumption and striving to be a more attractive employer.
For Jetpak, accountability is extremely important. We hope to give you an understanding of the scope of our commitment in the overview of our environmental, economic and corporate social responsibility objectives provided below.
Jetpak's environmental policy encompasses these main points:
- To proactively ensure that consideration for the environment is an integral part of our operations and strive to continuously improve our operations from an environmental management standpoint
- To take the environment into account in all business development and business decisions
- To work with environmental objectives, evaluation and monitoring in the following areas:
- Energy efficiency in our transport chain
- Reduction of CO₂ emissions from our vehicles
- Procurement processes for goods and services
- Recycling and resource management
- Education and information
- To actively increase knowledge and awareness of environmental issues among employees, customers, suppliers and other partners
- To not only meet all applicable government requirements, but – where technically possible and financially feasible – to exceed them
- To count active environmental management as a merit when selecting partners
- To provide open and accurate environmental information to employees, clients, suppliers and other partners
- To ensure that Jetpak's management is held accountable for environmental policy compliance and that management promotes employee ideas in this area
Jetpak has operations in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Estonia, with a total of 43 partners.
Our main environmental focus is the reduction of fuel emissions, thereby reducing our impact on the environment. The company has an active environmental management program in which our goal is a 25% reduction in CO₂ emissions by 2015. This work includes the measurement of actual CO₂ emissions per km, per delivery and per vehicle. Furthermore, we strive to continually renew our vehicle fleet, with no vehicle over three years old. In addition, all company drivers undergo training in eco-friendly driving.
Jetpak is responsible for creating growth and profitability for shareholders. As a good corporate citizen, Jetpak is also responsible for economic development in society, notably by creating jobs.
The company's goal is to meet the following criteria:
- To increase the value of the company over time, thus ensuring long-term development of the group
- To provide Jetpak's shareholders with a competitive return on their investment
- To provide Jetpak's employees secure employment with sound development potential
- To deliver business value by developing our processes and services, in collaboration with our customers, to enhance customer value and efficiency
Jetpak is responsible for managing the impact our operations have on our employees’ health, development and safety. Good physical and mental health is a prerequisite for achieving top results. Jetpak seeks to make every employee feel valued and appreciated for their work performance. Employees are also offered clear personal development opportunities. The Jetpak Business School functions as a support in this development work. Furthermore, we carry out an annual employee survey in order to enhance the work environment and development opportunities for our employees.
As a company, we are responsible for the impact of our actions on society. We strive to encourage a positive impact through various programs including traffic security in collaboration with the Swedish National Society for Road Safety (NTF).
We also collaborate with the Swedish educational system, championing sponsorship and mentorship programs and supervising student thesis work. In addition, we work together with Linköping University, participating in case studies and research projects.
Jetpak’s ‘Code of conduct’ provides a group-wide summary of Jetpak’s ethical guidelines and general policies. The guide is designed to support people in their work, describing among other matters, how to conduct sound and profitable business, good ethics, and how to contribute to sustainable development in society.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Jetpak’s core values: Simplicity, Commitment and Excellence are fundamental to the company’s responsibility towards customers and employees. Our aim is that every employee should feel that their work contribution is valued and that they are an important part of the team in delivering our customer promise.